Sunday, January 27, 2013

Aaunt Maude's


This weekend I went to Ames with my family to help my older sister move. While we were there we went to dinner at the restaurant that she works at, Aaunt Maude's. The place has been rated top in the city of Ames and after eating there I can understand why! It was amazing. I would give it five stars for its food quality, the environment and the service that it offered.

We started dinner off with a BBQ shrimp appetizer. It was the perfect amount of BBQ and creaminess that I honestly could have had it for my main course too. The shrimp was served with slices of sourdough bread that they baked right there in house. We devoured it quickly only to be offered our choice of a side salad or their soup of the day, which was sweet pea basil. I personally got the soup per recommendation of our server. Again it was delicious and creamy.

Next was our meal course. I ended up getting the chef's favorite meal on the menu, the chili filet. It was the best thing I have ever tasted in my life! The meat literally melted in my mouth and the chili seasonings were not that spicy. In fact the filet almost had a sweetness to it. It came along with their seasonal vegetables, cooked carrots and green beans, and their garlic mashed potatoes. On top of it all were some amazing homemade onion rings.

To wash it all down I had one of their famous strawberry lemonades. They apparently freshly squeeze the the lemons everyday and mix it with macerated strawberries. I would strongly recommend this drink, yum! If that isn't exactly what you want, the restaurant is fulling equipped with a full bar so they can make pretty much anything you want to drink.

Not only was the food amazing but the staff was very efficient and extremely nice. Our server, Meghan, was very nice and helpful when it came to us newbies and our order. Also the building itself is located downtown in a very old building that the current owner has had for a little over thirty five years. It has a very sophisticated feeling as soon as you walk in.

Our entire meal was to die for and I cant wait till we go back to Ames so we can go there again. I would high recommend Aunt Maude's if you are ever in the Ames area and are looking for some delicious food for the evening!

Ardeeemilla(:

(421)

No comments:

Post a Comment