Thursday, January 10, 2013

Who do i want to be?


Okay guys, I am having trouble deciding what I want to be when I grow up. It’s really hard for many people to decide because there are so many different great options of what you could become. This is also a really an important factor when deciding what college you want to go to.  I know of many people who have changed their majors and then had to go to college even longer. I am thinking that if I go down the doctor path I will probably go to University of Iowa. If I go down the vet path I am thinking I will go to Iowa State because they have and amazing vet program there.

Right now, personally I have narrowed my options down to only a few. I have lately been thinking I would decide between a vet, a pediatrician, or an OBGYN.  It’s funny how your mind changes so quickly, especially from when we were younger. When I was younger I said I would be a teacher or a animal person who rescued stray dogs in Mexico… not quite sure why I said Mexico. Why is it so hard to make up your mind? If I could I would do it all.

I want to be a pediatrician/ OBGYN because I love kids but not only that I love helping, I am starting volunteer work at St.  Lukes and I think that it is great experience. I love to help people. But I love animals so much also!!  I love going to my favorite pet store in Iowa City, It is called pet land and they have the cutest animals. There all of the bunnies and guinea pigs, gerbils, birds, etc. are in open tanks so you can hold them and they encourage you to hold them. Even the puppies all you have to do is ask and you could hold all of them.  And they have little pens with toys where you can play with them. (I’m that person who goes just to play with them because I know I can’t get one). How could anyone choose between two things they love to do

How do I decide between them? When will I just know what I want to be? I am hoping on doing some job shadowing and internships to get the experience of each. Then it will finally be up to, what I could see myself love doing every day. It’s a job but I think you can love your job. Help guys…maybe some advice would help with my stress full decision.(430)

Sincerely,

                Ardeeemilla

 

No comments:

Post a Comment